The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, event times, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
The Mobile In Africa website may include links to other companies’ websites and other third party services that have privacy policies of their own, for example, the manufacturers of the products that Mobile In Africa sells. We recommend that you read and familiarise yourself with these policies – Mobile In Africa will not be held responsible for any negative consequences, legal or otherwise, that may result from your use of any third party websites or services.
What type of information does Mobile In Africa collect?
When you open an online account with Mobile In Africa in order to shop on the Mobile In Africa website, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, including your first and last names, delivery address, billing address, telephone number(s), email address and company (if applicable). This information is provided to allow Mobile In Africa to charge you for your purchases, to deliver your purchases to you if you require us to do so, to send you confirmation of any purchases made through the Mobile In Africa website, and to contact you in the event that this is necessary. Mobile In Africa may use the information that you provide when you open an account to send you marketing information regarding similar products and services. You will always be given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications.
If you return a product that you purchased at Mobile In Africa or if you bring or send a product in for evaluation or repairs, you will be asked to provide your contact details to enable us to contact you regarding the status of the repairs or your claim.
Mobile In Africa’s website, online services, email messages, and advertisements may also use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons for the purposes of processing information. This information is designed to facilitate the creation of a database of information about Mobile In Africa users to help remember users in future and to facilitate a better understanding of user behavior. This is achieved by collecting information about which parts of our website users have visited which in turn helps us to monitor the effectiveness of the Mobile In Africa website, its search engines and advertisements.
A cookie is data that is passed on from a web server to a web browser every time you log onto a particular website. Essentially, the data is stored through the use of cookie which enables us to recognise your computer when you visit our website again. The object of a cookie is to make your Mobile In Africa experience more customised, convenient and personal. For example, knowing your first name helps us welcome you the next time you visit the Mobile In Africa website. Furthermore, knowing that someone using your computer or device has purchased a particular Mobile In Africa product or used a particular service also helps us make our advertising and email communications more relevant to your interests. Cookies are also used for website traffic analysis and anonymous demographic profiling so that we may improve our services.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Mobile In Africa experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Other than the data that you choose to share with us, a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you may decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. However, should you opt to turn off the cookies, you may not be able to view certain parts of the Mobile In Africa website that may enhance your visit.
Mobile In Africa may use web beacons and “pixel tags” which enable collection and storage of certain information about your computer during your visit. Importantly, web beacons do not typically collect any information other than what your browser provides us with as a standard part of any internet communication.
Information we may process includes; your internet protocol (“IP”) address, access times, the website you linked from, your computer’s operating system, your browser type and the address of any referring sites as well as pages you have visited and any other content that you have viewed. This does not allow us to collect individualised information and identify individual users personally. The IP address is also not traced to a particular individual.
Web beacons are typically graphic images that are placed on a website, which are used to count visitors to a website and/or to access certain cookies. This information is used to improve our services and is solely for the purpose of collating generalised demographic data of our online users, such as geographic areas of our visitors and visitor browsing patterns. We then use this information to enhance our understanding of user behavior on the website, to analyse trends and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Mobile In Africa may then use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
How is your personal information used?
Provision of products and services: we may use your personal data to identify you as an individual customer, to respond to your queries and requests, to process or inquire about existing orders and purchases, to prevent and investigate fraud and other unlawful misuses, and to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services.
Development of products and services: we may use your personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. Generally, we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services. We may also use your personal data to personalise our offerings and to provide you with a service more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and to display customised content and advertising on the Mobile In Africa website. We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Mobile In Africa’s products, services, and customer communications.
Communicating with you and marketing: we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We may use your personal information to update you on Mobile In Africa’s latest product announcements, services or promotions and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you will always be given an option to opt-out. We may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to our products and/or services you are using or to contact you for customer satisfaction queries You will always be given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving these communications.
We may use your personal data for marketing or research purposes, for example, to conduct market research in accordance with applicable law.
Collecting the data of minors
Mobile In Africa’s terms and conditions do not permit minors to make purchases or engage in other legal acts in relation to our products and services without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Mobile In Africa does not knowingly collect any information from or engage in any transactions with persons under the age of 18 who do not have the consent of their parents or guardians. Our databases may nevertheless contain personal data of children under18 because it is not always possible for us to determine precisely the age of the user.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect and store is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We also endeavor as best we can to delete any out-of-date, incorrect or unnecessary personal data.
What information may be disclosed to third parties?
Authorised third parties: Mobile In Africa may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Mobile In Africa to provide products and services, or that help Mobile In Africa market to customers. The relevant parties are defined below:
Mobile In Africa employees and/or third party service providers who assist Mobile In Africa to interact with the customer via the Mobile In Africa Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to the customer, and thus need to know the customer’s personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently
Mobile In Africa’s divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with the customer via email or any other method for purposes of sending the customer marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from Mobile In Africa)
Mobile In Africa’s suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with the customer in the event of the customer submitting a warranty claim regarding any Goods the customer has purchased which requires their involvement.
Service providers: Mobile In Africa shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, checking credit histories, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are contractually required to protect your information.
Mandatory disclosure: It may be necessary, to comply with any law, for the purposes of litigation, or to comply with requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Mobile In Africa to disclose your personal information.
Necessary disclosure: Mobile In Africa may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a re-organisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Cross-border transfers of personal information
Personal information that is collected by Mobile In Africa may be stored or kept by service providers outside your country of residence. Mobile In Africa may transfer personal information from the country where it is initially collected and stored. These service providers may be subject to different laws or requirements regarding the protection of personal information from those that apply in your country of residence. In such cases, Mobile In Africa will always take steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. These steps may include concluding appropriate agreements or requiring that appropriate technical, operational or security measures are put in place.
How do we ensure that your personal information is protected?
Mobile In Africa is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure through physical, electronic and managerial procedures that safeguard your personal information and secure the information we collect. This will minimise the risk of loss, misuse, alteration, disclosure and unathorised access of your information that is under our control.
How long is your personal information retained for?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was collected. If you tell us that you do not wish to receive information about new products and services we will delete your contact details unless we require your details for another purpose.
Changes to the Policy
What information is personal information?
Limitation of liability
Mobile In Africa’s liability to you for any direct damages you suffer due to your use of any product or service sold by Mobile In Africa is limited, to the full extent permitted by law, to the purchase price of the product or to the service fee that is payable for one month. You cannot claim for any other damages including consequential loss, special damages, or incidental damages.
Statutory laws in your country may restrict Mobile In Africa’s ability to exclude or limit its liability to you in certain circumstances. In such cases, the limitation described above does not apply.
Additional terms and conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products and services that sold by Mobile In Africa. Those terms and conditions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and you agree that you are bound by them. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any specific terms and conditions applicable to any particular product or service, the specific terms and conditions will apply.
MIA Social Media Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. These competition rules ("rules") explain your rights and duties upon participating in the competition and submitting stories or any other content to the competition or any other social media engagement drive. If you take part in this competition and accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the body running the event and competition ("the promoter/s") can assume that you have read and agreed to be legally bound by these rules.
2. The competition will only be running on the platform on which it is posted and promoted. All qualification and entry criteria, unless stated otherwise, will be included in the social media post promoting the competition. The post will also include the run dates of the competition plus the date on which the winner(s) will be announced.
3. The competition is open to all South African Residents above the age of 18, who are in possession of valid ID, except directors, members, partners, employees, consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the competition, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
5. The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
6. Winners will be randomly selected by the Promoter and the winner selection decision is final.
7. The promoter will endeavour to contact the prize winner via email and/or direct message on the appropriate social media platform to acquire their contact information. If, however, the winner cannot be reached after 4 attempts have been made to contact them during business hours within a period of 72 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
8. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any prizes issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the Promoters’ control.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request that images taken of the prize winner be used for publicity purposes or that a prize winner allow their name and likeness to be used by the Promoter in its marketing material in any manner which the Promoter deems fit, which request the prize winner is entitled to decline. Should the prize winner consent to the use of their image, name and likeness, no remuneration will be payable to the prize winner, and all materials arising from such use will be the sole property of the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
12. Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
13. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. South African law shall be applicable and the South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
Mi TVBox S Bundle Deal Competition:
- In order to be eligible for entry into the competition, you must purchase the promotional Mi TV Box S with the Netflix voucher from MIA’s e-commerce store
- The competition runs from Friday 29th May 2020 until stocks last
- Winners will be randomly selected and notified shortly thereafter
- The prize giveaway will be announced on MIA social media.
Redmi Note 9S Competition:
- The entry mechanism is simple: you must send us (MIA) a screenshot of your favourite gaming moment, with the hashtag #WinMiNote9S to stand a chance to win a limited edition Redmi Note9S
- There are 5 limited edition Redmi Note 9S phones up for grabs
- The competition will run from Friday 5th June – Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Winners to be randomly selected and announced from 6th July.
Father’s Day Competition:
- To enter the father’s day giveaway – all you need to do is tell us (MIA) what you love most about your dad before Father's Day next weekend and you could win a Mi TV Box S for your Dad
- The competition will run from Monday 15th June to Sunday 21st June 2020
- The winner will be randomly selected and announced on Monday 22nd June 2020.
Mi-Fan Festival 2020 (10th Birthday Giveaway)
• The entry mechanism is quite simple, answer our daily engagement questions posted on our Instagram and Twitter channels between 3-7 April 2020 and you could win a prize
• Winners will be randomly selected. Winners will be contacted shortly after the closing date of the competition.
• Delivery is subject to delays and will only occur after national lockdown ends
• Winners will be announced by 10 April 2020.
The products and services that are sold by MIA are sold “as is” and “as available”. The manufacturers of the products sold by MIA may provide a manufacturer’s warranty in respect of their branded products. All Xiaomi smartphones come with a one year warranty with the exception of the Redmi 2 smartphone. The Redmi 2 smartphone comes with a three year warranty.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Mobile In Africa and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be held responsible for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly and secure. However, Mobile In Africa takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our c