The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, event times, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
Limitation of liability
Mobile In Africa’s liability to you for any direct damages you suffer due to your use of any product or service sold by Mobile In Africa is limited, to the full extent permitted by law, to the purchase price of the product or to the service fee that is payable for one month. You cannot claim for any other damages including consequential loss, special damages, or incidental damages.
Statutory laws in your country may restrict Mobile In Africa’s ability to exclude or limit its liability to you in certain circumstances. In such cases, the limitation described above does not apply.
Additional terms and conditions
Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products and services that sold by Mobile In Africa. Those terms and conditions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and you agree that you are bound by them. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any specific terms and conditions applicable to any particular product or service, the specific terms and conditions will apply.
MIA Social Media Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. These competition rules ("rules") explain your rights and duties upon participating in the competition and submitting stories or any other content to the competition or any other social media engagement drive. If you take part in this competition and accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the body running the event and competition ("the promoter/s") can assume that you have read and agreed to be legally bound by these rules.
2. The competition will only be running on the platform on which it is posted and promoted. All qualification and entry criteria, unless stated otherwise, will be included in the social media post promoting the competition. The post will also include the run dates of the competition plus the date on which the winner(s) will be announced.
3. The competition is open to all South African Residents above the age of 18, who are in possession of valid ID, except directors, members, partners, employees, consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the competition, or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors will be declared invalid.
5. The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
6. Winners will be randomly selected by the Promoter and the winner selection decision is final.
7. The promoter will endeavour to contact the prize winner via email and/or direct message on the appropriate social media platform to acquire their contact information. If, however, the winner cannot be reached after 4 attempts have been made to contact them during business hours within a period of 72 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
8. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any prizes issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the Promoters’ control.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request that images taken of the prize winner be used for publicity purposes or that a prize winner allow their name and likeness to be used by the Promoter in its marketing material in any manner which the Promoter deems fit, which request the prize winner is entitled to decline. Should the prize winner consent to the use of their image, name and likeness, no remuneration will be payable to the prize winner, and all materials arising from such use will be the sole property of the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
12. Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
13. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. South African law shall be applicable and the South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
Singles' Day Competition:
- In the month of November if you shop on our MIA online store, you will automatically be entered into the draw to win a Xiaomi product hamper to the value of R3 000.
- The competition starts on Monday 2nd November and ends on Monday 30th November.
- One winner will be randomly selected and announced thereafter.
- The prize hamper consists of: one Redmi 9A 32GB phone with earbuds and one Mi TV Stick.
Redmi9C Msanzi Competition:
The entry mechanism for the competition is simple: all you have to do is submit a photo, social media comment or anecdote of your most loved moment in South Africa to show us why local is lekker!
The competition starts on Thursday 10th September and ends on Thursday 24th September
Winners will be randomly selected and announced before Wednesday 30th September
There are 3 new Redmi 9C's up for grabs. The winners will each receive one new Redmi 9C 32GB phone.
September free gift with purchase Giveaway:
- In order to be eligible for a free gift, you must purchase any smart phone and/ or smart home product from MIA’s e-commerce store
- Gifts may include but are not limited to: Xiaomi hat, t-shirt, Mi plush bunny, Notebook
- The promotion runs from September 1 2020, until stocks last
Women’s Day Competition:
These terms and conditions apply to the Women’s Day Competition (“Competition”).
MIA are the organisers of the Competition and will oversee the Competition and draw the winner, in their sole discretion.
By entering the Competition, you agree to receive correspondence from all participating partners including TFG, Hi-Online and MIA. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and by participating in this Competition, all participants irrevocably agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be solely interpreted by the organisers of the Women’s Day Competition.
The organisers of the Women’s Day Competition may amend these terms and conditions at any time during the Competition, in their sole discretion, by posting such amendments on their website https://mia.africa.com/za/terms-conditions/
The Competition runs from 4 August 2020 - 24 August 2020 and takes place through https://forms.gle/ApSARLjhj7Kuf17k7
The Competition may be terminated or extended at any time by the organisers, in their sole discretion and for any reason. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have had in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse of any kind against the organisers, their participating partners or their promotional agents, unless the circumstances leading to such termination were within the organiser’s reasonable control.
To enter the Competition, you must be 18 years old or older and live in South Africa (being a resident or a citizen). Directors and/or Members and/or Agents and/or Promoters and/or Consultants to Promoters and/or Employees and/or Contractors and/or Family members of any of the aforementioned or their participating partners are not eligible to enter or claim the prizes.
No prize will be awarded to any person to whom such prize may not be legally awarded including, but not limited to minors under the age of 18 years.
To enter the Competition, participants must fill in an entry form on https://forms.gle/ApSARLjhj7Kuf17k7
No consideration/s will be payable by participants when entering the competition or throughout the Competition.
There will be one Grand Prize winner, subsequent to taking into account all valid entries. The Grand prize will be awarded to the person nominated in the entry. A smaller secondary prize will be awarded to the person who nominated the Grand prize winner.
The Grand prize winner may share the prize with any person of their choice.
The Grand Prize winner will be announced on the 25 August 2020.
The Grand prize winner will be contacted via the contact details provided in the entry and announced on MIA’s social media and all participating partners’ platforms. The organiser’s decision is final and binding on all participants, and no negotiations will be entered into.
If the Grand prize winner cannot be contacted within 5 calendar days, the prize will be forfeited.
The Grand prize winner/s agrees to supply a valid identification document (SA ID or passport), proof of address, congratulatory post, and any other validation procedure determined by the organisers, in order to claim the prize.
The Grand prize winner/s agree to have his/her photo taken, which may be used together with their full names for advertising and promotional purposes, subsequent to receiving the winner’s consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld.
The grand prize will consist of a prize from each of the participating partners:
A TFG gift card valued at R5 000
A Redmi Note 9S 128GB valued at R5 300
A TFG gift card valued at R2 000
A kettle valued at R799, the new Mi-TV Stick valued at R899 and Xiaomi Swag Bag consisting of a plush Bunny, t-Shirt, cap and a notebook.
MondayMadness Giveaway Competition:
- Every week for the month of July, Mi fans will have to answer a question or submit a photo depending on the week's task in order to win a Xiaomi hamper, consisting of:
1 x Plush MiBunny1 x Giftbox1 x Notebook1 x Hat1 x Tshirt
- 1 winner will be randomly selected per week and announced on the Sunday of that week.
- The winner has 48 hours to confirm their contact information otherwise another winner will be chosen.
- This competition runs from Monday 6th July to 27th July 2020
Mi TVBox S Bundle Deal Competition:
- In order to be eligible for entry into the competition, you must purchase the promotional Mi TV Box S with the Netflix voucher from MIA’s e-commerce store
- The competition runs from Friday 29th May 2020 until 30th June 2020
- Winners will be randomly selected and notified shortly thereafter
- The prize giveaway will be announced on MIA social media.
Redmi Note 9S Competition:
- The entry mechanism is simple: you must send us (MIA) a screenshot of your favourite gaming moment, with the hashtag #WinMiNote9S to stand a chance to win a limited edition Redmi Note9S
- There are 5 limited edition Redmi Note 9S phones up for grabs
- The competition will run from Friday 5th June – Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Winners to be randomly selected and announced from 6th July.
Father’s Day Competition:
- To enter the father’s day giveaway – all you need to do is tell us (MIA) what you love most about your dad before Father's Day next weekend and you could win a Mi TV Box S for your Dad
- The competition will run from Monday 15th June to Sunday 21st June 2020
- The winner will be randomly selected and announced on Monday 22nd June 2020.
Mi-Fan Festival 2020 (10th Birthday Giveaway)
• The entry mechanism is quite simple, answer our daily engagement questions posted on our Instagram and Twitter channels between 3-7 April 2020 and you could win a prize
• Winners will be randomly selected. Winners will be contacted shortly after the closing date of the competition.
• Delivery is subject to delays and will only occur after national lockdown ends
• Winners will be announced by 10 April 2020.
The products and services that are sold by MIA are sold “as is” and “as available”. The manufacturers of the products sold by MIA may provide a manufacturer’s warranty in respect of their branded products. All Xiaomi smartphones come with a one year warranty with the exception of the Redmi 2 smartphone. The Redmi 2 smartphone comes with a three year warranty.
- Product size, weight, and related specifications are theoretical values only. Actual measurements between individual products may vary. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
- Product battery capacity is typical value. The actual battery capacity for each individual product may vary as a result of environmental changes.
- Charging speed data is provided directly from Xiaomi Laboratories. Actual results may vary due to differences in charging cables, charging adapter, software version, environment, and model number.
- Product colour, image, appearance and dimensions are for reference only. The design of the actual product may differ.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Mobile In Africa and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be held responsible for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly and secure. However, Mobile In Africa takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our c